Recreational swimming can provide you with a low-impact workout and it’s also a good way to relax and feel good. Common swimming styles in recreational swimming are breaststroke, backstroke, side stroke and freestyle.
Swimming is a good all-round fitness activity because it:
- keeps your heart rate up, but takes some of the impact stress off your body.
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs.
- tones muscles and builds strength.
- improves coordination, balance and posture.
Other than the “fitness benefits” swimming also has many other benefits including:
- being a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise
- alleviating stress
- providing a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day
Swimming is a great recreational activity for people of all ages. So please, come along and enjouy our water.