Type of Position: Casual
Rate of Pay: As per experience, according to the Fitness Industry Award
Position Objective: The role of a Pool Lifeguard is to provide professional supervision of patrons using the aquatic areas at the Macksville Memorial Aquatic and Fitness Centre (MMAFC). This includes providing a duty of care to patrons and a safe and clean pool environment.
The major accountability of the role is the quality of the service and facility provided which has an impact on customer’s perception of the Centre and an indirect effect on overall business results.
• Clean, set up, pack away and maintain pool surrounds, equipment in a safe and hygienic state.
• Ensuring all responsibility is taken for attending assigned shifts and/or making sure the correct procedures are followed adequately when covering their assigned shifts.
• To be aware of the principles and legal requirements in relation to Equal Employment Opportunity, and Health and Safety, reporting on conditions liable to impact on employee well-being.
• To remain informed about current operational issues by attending scheduled meetings, reading relevant memorandums and communication.
Safety and Supervision
• To supervise and control patrons utilising the aquatic facilities and associated equipment
• To monitor the safety of the aquatic areas to ensure a safe environment for all patrons.
• Respond to aquatic area first aid and emergency situations in accordance with Royal Life Saving Society guidelines and Centres policies and procedures.
• Remain informed of all revisions and updates of Royal Life Saving Society recommended qualifications and policies to ensure that all patrons receive the most professional supervision possible.
• To communicate and integrate as a member of the Aquatic Operations Team, advising on matters relevant to Pool Lifeguarding.
• Establishing friendly and professional relationships with MMAFC members and guests and providing accurate information on all services available at the Centres.
• Wearing the appropriate uniform. (eg. Bum bag, whistle, corporate clothing, footwear, name badge) and communicating using the facility two-way radio system.
• Enforcing Centre rules in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Assisting the Operations Coordinator and other staff when requested to do so.
Qualifications and Experience
The following qualifications and experience are required for the position:
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Pool Lifeguard (preferred) or Bronze Medallion
• Working with Children Check
The following qualifications and experience are desirable for the position:
• Pool Operators Certificate
• AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
• Experience in a similar role
• Experience in Occupational Health & Safety standards
How to Apply
• Applications Close: When positions are filled